Social Media is a great way to get exposure for your business and market what you do. There's no reason to be overwhelmed by it when you have focused strategy. Here are 7 tips to get your business started on social media without wasting idle time.
1. Choose the social media that is right for your business and where your target market hangs out. Please understand, you don't
have to be on everything. Think about your business. Is it visual? Try Instagram or Pinterest. Business Services do great on LinkedIn or Twitter. If your business is more social, look into Facebook.
2. Become a Brand Expert. Post updates about your industry. (Notice I didn't say say your business!) Educate your readers on your area of expertise.
3. Post Consistently. Your audience want to know that you're relevant. No one want to see that your last update was last year. Decide on a schedule that you are comfortable with and maintain it so you don't lose your audience.
4. Use stories or visuals to show your personality. Social Media is a great way to engage personally. It's a great way to show the person behind the brand. When people can to relate to you, they are more likely to want to do business with you.
5. Plan in Advance. Use a scheduling system like Buffer, Hootsuite, or Edgar to automate your postings. This will save you a ton of time. Also a social media calendar will be helpful.
6. Have a "Call to Action." Instead of posting: contact me if interested; Offer a Free report, ebook, or a simple resource that your readers can use.
7. Don't Get Caught Up on Likes. Instead of focusing on how many like you can get, concentrate on engagement! Post rich content that your audience will like, share, and comment. Interact with your followers and always respond to comments.
Having a strategic social media plan as part of your marketing will allow you to attract new prospects and open your business up to and an endless amount of opportunities.
Cheers to a successful business!